This is definitely a game-changer in the field. Manage your Non-Azure machines from Azure. Very easy onboarding experience played around with one host below.
Comes with the following benefits
- Asset organization and inventory of Windows and Linux Servers
- Universal governance of customer resources through Azure Policy
- Standardized role-based access control (RBAC) across systems and different types of resources
- Enable application owners to apply and audit their applications to meet compliance requirements
- Ability to measure and remediate compliance at scale and down to the individual application, server, or cluster
- Browse to the Azure Marketplace and search for Azure Arc. Click Create.
2. On Select a method page, click on Generate Script.
3. Select Resource Group on Basics page. Currently, it is available in Southeast Asia, West US2 and
4. Provide Proxy server details, if any.
5. Add Tags. Then click Register to add resource providers. You can also use below script to add the providers.
Set-AzContext -SubscriptionId [subscription you want to onboard]
Register-AzResourceProvider -ProviderNamespace Microsoft.HybridCompute
Register-AzResourceProvider -ProviderNamespace Microsoft.GuestConfiguration
Registration can take time, continue with next steps
6. Click Download to get the script.
7. Open the PowerShell script and run on the machine to be managed.
8. When you run the script, you will see a message similar to:
To sign in, use a web browser to open the page https://microsoft.com/devicelogin and enter the code B3V3NLWRF to authenticate.
9. Authenticate the request with the Azure account
10. Message successfully created
11. Servers added successfully on the portal as below.
12. Once added, we can manage Policies and Logs for the machine