The Application Virtualization Client could not complete the operation. A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Issue:-

In my environment I sequence the application on App-V 4.6 SP1 and then deploy the application msi on Citrix XenApp Servers.

I sequenced the application successfully but when I was installing the same on Citrix XenApp Servers it gave the below error message.

 “The Application Virtualization Client could not complete the operation.

A device attached to the system is not functioning. “

Then I checked the Event Viewer on the XenApp Server which gave below details:-

#######################################################

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Virtualization Client

Date:          04/04/2013 12:48:12

Event ID:      3001

Task Category: (25)

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      XenApp001.TECHFORCAST.COM

Description:

{tid=243C}

The Application Virtualization Client could not complete the operation.

A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Error code: 461759F-00000729-0000001F

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns=”http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event”&gt;

<System>

<Provider Name=”Application Virtualization Client” />

<EventID Qualifiers=”16384″>3001</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>25</Task>

< Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime=”2013-04-04T11:48:12.000000000Z” />

< EventRecordID>19349</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer> XenApp001.TECHFORCAST.COM </Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>{tid=243C}

</Data>

<Data>The Application Virtualization Client could not complete the operation.

A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Error code: 461759F-00000729-0000001F</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

#######################################################

After reviewing the logs and status message it was not clear that what could be causing this issue.

Resolution:-

Since there was no clue for any troubleshooting. So I went ahead and again install the sequenced application msi on the XenApp server and guess what it worked without issues. Still can’t understand the reason behind this behavior but happy to get it worked for me.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s