- Here are the steps to get the SAP Logon and Tweak SAP GUI applications to run successfully.
1. Within Windows explorer, verify that folder option “Launch folder windows in a separate process” is selected.
2. Install Softgrid sequencer version 184.108.40.2062 or later.
4. Settings for package – Suite Name: Suitename/Hostname: your SG server
5. Settings for Monitoring – No Compression/32KB Block size
6. Install .NET 2.0 runtime using default selections.
7. Execute the installer \SAPGUI710\Sources\PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\WIN32\setup\NwSapSetup.exe
8. Select products – SAP GUI for Windows 7.10
9. Change first target directory for SAP GUI for Windows to: Q:\\SAP\FrontEnd
10. Change second target directory for SAP GUI for Windows to: Q:\\SAP\Business Objects
11. Open a new command prompt.
12. Create new folder: Q:\\SAP\Common Files
13. Move (not copy) the following files from C:\Windows\system32 to Q:\\SAP\Common Files: librfc32.dll, SAPbtmp.dll, icuin34.dll, and libsapu16vc80.dll
14. From Control Panel, add Q:\\SAP\Common Files to the PATH environment variable.
15. Select directory “Q:\”. The newly created instance of explorer will be terminated.
16. The launch wizard will run. Let it get the shortcuts and remove any shortcuts that will not be used. Go to the next dialog (the launch page) and complete the wizard.
17. Edit the OSD via the OSD Tab for Tweak Gui and set the filename tag to %CSIDL_SYSTEM%\cmd.exe and the parameters tag to /c “%CSIDL_COMMON_DESKTOPDIRECTORY%\Tweak SAP Gui.lnk”. Remove the contents of the WorkingDir tag. Change the application type to console from windows.
18. Edit the OSD via the OSD tab for SAP Logon and set the filename tag to %CSIDL_SYSTEM%\cmd.exe and the parameters tag to /c “%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\SAP\SapSetup\setup\SAL\SapLogon.sal”. Set the WorkingDir tag to %CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\SAP\SapSetup\setup\SAL. Change the application type to console from windows.
Save the package and install it in the SoftGrid application server. Copy the files to the content folder and import them via the SoftrGrid Management Console.